1/1 Photo of Country Chicken Piccata
Lemons and green onions give a delicate taste to this elegant chicken dish. Can be served with rice or boiled potatoes. From Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, skinned and halved
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup green onion, sliced 1in pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- lemon slice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1in a small bowl combine milk and egg.
- 2in another bowl combine, flour, crushed corn flakes, salt and black pepper.
- 3flatten each chicken breast half to about 1/4" thickness by pounding between sheets of waxed paper.
- 4dip chicken into milk and egg mixture, then into flour mixture, turning to coat.
- 5in a 10" skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter, add garlic and chicken, cook over medium heat, turning occasionally until golden brown (about 5 to 6 min).
- 6place chicken on serving platter and keep warm.
- 7add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings in pan, stir until butter melts.
- 8stir in lemon juice, add green onions and mushrooms, continue cooking stirring occasionally until heated through (about 2 to 4 min).
- 9spoon sauce over chicken.
- 10garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.4
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 193.6 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 34.7 g