Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lemons and green onions give a delicate taste to this elegant chicken dish. Can be served with rice or boiled potatoes. From Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, skinned and halved
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup green onion, sliced 1in pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- lemon slice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- in a small bowl combine milk and egg.
- in another bowl combine, flour, crushed corn flakes, salt and black pepper.
- flatten each chicken breast half to about 1/4" thickness by pounding between sheets of waxed paper.
- dip chicken into milk and egg mixture, then into flour mixture, turning to coat.
- in a 10" skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter, add garlic and chicken, cook over medium heat, turning occasionally until golden brown (about 5 to 6 min).
- place chicken on serving platter and keep warm.
- add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings in pan, stir until butter melts.
- stir in lemon juice, add green onions and mushrooms, continue cooking stirring occasionally until heated through (about 2 to 4 min).
- spoon sauce over chicken.
- garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Delicious!!! We love chicken piccata and this was a nice switch with the crispy cornflake crust!! I followed as written, except I forgot to get mushrooms and subbed regular onion for the green onion and it was devoured by my family. Will be making this again!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for photo tag!!