Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using a flour tortilla makes short work to create this super flavorful one course meal. Absolutely sensational blend of simple, yet flavorful, ingredients. Perfect for a simple lunch or dinner.
- 1 burrito-size flour tortilla
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced (remove seeds and most of the liquid to help insure a crispy crust)
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced (jarred is fine)
- 4-10 basil leaves
- 56.69 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 0.25 ml olive oil (can also use peppered flavored oil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place cast iron skillet, that has been slightly brushed with olive oil, (or other heavy metaled oven proof pan) in oven for a few minutes to heat.
- Meanwhile, assemble pizza using tortilla as the base, top with tomatoes, garlic, cheese, basil leaves (can leave leaves whole, or julienne). I top with basil last because I love crispy basil. If you don't like basil this way, put under the cheese.
- Place tortilla in hot skillet. It should sizzle. Cook until done (mine takes about 8-10 minutes).
Thank you so much for the quick, healthy and tasty lunch! I used a whole wheat tortilla, a tomato on the vine and a basil paste (because I ran out of basil leaves - it's a pure paste). And garlic and mozzarella of course! I heated up a heavy nonstick pan (no oil!) on the stove with a lid on and put the pizza in there. It was done in about 5 minutes and crispy and delicious. I made this for 1, 2, 3 Hit Wonders. Thanks!
Oh so easy and quick and good too! I didn't have any fresh basil, so used dry. Thanks Vicki! Made for 123 Hit Wonders tag.
This is really good; however I have to tell you that I did make one change. I bought prepackaged Tandoori Naan Flat Bread to use as the crust. It was just as simple as using the tortillas but it gave it a thicker crust. I sprayed the bread lightly with olive oil then topped it with the garlic, tomato, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Margarita pizza is one of my favorites because of it simple yet very fresh taste, and this recipe fit the bill. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe Vicki. Recipenapped during the AUS/NZ Swap #24