Recipe by Onehornedone
This quiche has a totally different texture than normal ones. Even quiche and cottage cheese haters love it!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This quiche is wonderful. DH loved it even though I used veggie bacon and 1% cottage cheese making it a lot more low fat than most quiches. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbooks Tag Game.
- 16 ounces cottage cheese (fat free to full fat, it all works)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 slices vegetarian bacon (or regular)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook "bacon" until crispy. Lay pie crust in pie pan and cover with swiss cheese. Crumble bacon on top. Beat eggs and then mix with cottage cheese. Pour over bacon and swiss in pie shell. Bake 40-50 minutes at 350°F Quiche will appear a tad liquidy (but not jiggly), but it's done and moisture will disappear after sitting to cool a bit.
- Alternative use 3 pieces of bacon in the quiche and keep 3 to crumble on top of quiche after removing from the oven.