Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
can be used as a dip, spread, or pasta sauce! from "recipes for health" from the New York Times - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/health/nutrition/20recipehealth.html?ref=nutrition
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Put the garlic into a food processor and process until finely chopped. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add the basil. Process until finely chopped and scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add cottage cheese, yogurt, olive oil, and parmesan. Process until smooth and cream.
- If using as a pasta sauce, dilute with a spoonful of the pasta cooking water.