Recipe by Lorac
Savory carrots baked in a cheese sauce.
Top Review by JohnsCutie
I think this would have gotten 5 stars from my family if I had cooked the carrots longer before I put them in the casserole. It was definately a different way to make carrots for us, which is what I was looking for. Will definately make again, Thanks!
- 4 cups sliced carrots, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can French-fried onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer half the carrots in a greased casserole.
- Sprinkle with half the lemon juice, half the parsley and 1/2 of the onions.
- Add the remaining carrots, lemon and parsley.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- Add flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk, increase heat to medium high, cook and stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove pan from heat, add cheese, stir until melted and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over carrots and bake 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes.