1/1 Photo of Corona Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
A Mexican twist on the traditional Spanish tapas - with olive oil, lime and Corona Extra. For optimum results: Serve with ice cold Corona Extra. Obviously, this is a recipe that I got from Corona! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cherry pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (at least 31/40 per pound or larger)
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces corona extra beer (1/2 a bottle)
- cilantro, chopped (or parsley for those of us who don't do cilantro!)
- 3 limes, whole, fresh
- 1Make sure that you have all of the ingredients ready to go!
- 2Bring a LARGE non-stick frying pan or a wok to medium-high heat.
- 3Add olive oil, garlic and minced cherry pepper. Cook until light brown and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook for a minute or two until shrimp are almost changed colour. Add Corona Extra and finish cooking (When shrimps fully change colour from blue to pink, they are done.).
- 5Serve on a platter topped with cilantro or parsley and juice of two real limes. Slice third lime into thin wheels for pretty garnish along the top of the dish.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corona Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 645.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.2 g