Recipe by Nif
A Mexican twist on the traditional Spanish tapas - with olive oil, lime and Corona Extra. For optimum results: Serve with ice cold Corona Extra. Obviously, this is a recipe that I got from Corona! Enjoy!
Top Review by ForeverMama
YUMMO! This dish was really scrumptious. It hit the spot, especially when I was craving shrimp. Very refreshing. I used Coors Light instead of the Corona beer because that's what I had. I also used cilantro and mixed it into the sauce instead of topping it like the recipe instructed. Next time I will sprinkle it over the top; reason is that my girls thought it over powered the dish, but that was my fault for not listening to how it was written. I'm adding it to my "keeper" files. Thank you Nif for sharing. Made it for Went to Market tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cherry pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (at least 31/40 per pound or larger)
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces corona extra beer (1/2 a bottle)
- cilantro, chopped (or parsley for those of us who don't do cilantro!)
- 3 limes, whole, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure that you have all of the ingredients ready to go!
- Bring a LARGE non-stick frying pan or a wok to medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic and minced cherry pepper. Cook until light brown and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a minute or two until shrimp are almost changed colour. Add Corona Extra and finish cooking (When shrimps fully change colour from blue to pink, they are done.).
- Serve on a platter topped with cilantro or parsley and juice of two real limes. Slice third lime into thin wheels for pretty garnish along the top of the dish.