Cook1 hr 30 mins
Crunchy and slightly sweet, pairing two indigenous American staples. This is based on a Cornmeal-Cayenne Grissini recipe from Gourmet magazine.
- Sprinkle to yeast over the warm water in a large bowl. Let stand 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Knead 8-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. (Compared to traditional breadstick dough, this may feel oily, and won't develop such obvious gluten strands.).
- Cover and let rise about an hour, until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 8-10-inch-long sticks and place on a greased baking sheet. Thinner sticks (pencil-sized) will be crunchier and have more of a caramelized taste. Thicker sticks (finger-sized) will have distinct crust and bread textures.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.