Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are an adapted gluten-free recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the lumps disappear.
- Pour batter in uniform amounts onto a hot, greased griddle.
- When cakes are full of bubbles, turn with a pancake turner and brown other side.
- Turn only once.
- (optional) If you want kick it up a notch, dice up a hot pepper and add it to the batter.