This is a favorite for all the kids in my family. I'm always asked to make this whenever my nieces and nephews come over. I serve it with both ketchup and tartar sauce to please all of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; fit another with a wire rack.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add fish, and toss to coat.
- 4In another large bowl, combine cornmeal, parmesan and flour; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Working in batches, lift fish from egg-white mixture (letting excess drip off), and dredge in cornmeal mixture, patting to adhere; transfer to foil-lined sheet.
- 6In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook fish until golden brown and opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Transfer to wire rack, and keep warm in oven while remaining fish cooks.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Fish Sticks (Kid Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 829.0
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 315.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.2 g