Recipe by queenbeatrice
This is a favorite for all the kids in my family. I'm always asked to make this whenever my nieces and nephews come over. I serve it with both ketchup and tartar sauce to please all of them.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, skinless, cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; fit another with a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add fish, and toss to coat.
- In another large bowl, combine cornmeal, parmesan and flour; season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, lift fish from egg-white mixture (letting excess drip off), and dredge in cornmeal mixture, patting to adhere; transfer to foil-lined sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook fish until golden brown and opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Transfer to wire rack, and keep warm in oven while remaining fish cooks.