Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite for all the kids in my family. I'm always asked to make this whenever my nieces and nephews come over. I serve it with both ketchup and tartar sauce to please all of them.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, skinless, cut into strips
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; fit another with a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add fish, and toss to coat.
- In another large bowl, combine cornmeal, parmesan and flour; season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, lift fish from egg-white mixture (letting excess drip off), and dredge in cornmeal mixture, patting to adhere; transfer to foil-lined sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook fish until golden brown and opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Transfer to wire rack, and keep warm in oven while remaining fish cooks.
Delicious Made it exactly as recipe said! My husband and son loved it
Very good. Was enjoyed by adults and children, all thumbs up. Served with our favorite Roasted Tomato Soup (Roasted Tomato Soup), so we did bake the sticks instead of frying to save energy and cut calories.