Recipe by SlipC
I love fish this way. Next to good ole' deep fried batter dipped, it is my fave way to eat fish. This is very simple to make and tastes delicious. Also, it is very versatile, you can serve with almost anything: salad, rice, potatoes, beans, whatever suits you!
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I just couldn't wait until the weekend to post this. This is the best fried fish recipe I have ever tried. I used catfish because that is what is readily available where I live. There is not a thing that I would change about this recipe. I recommend this to anyone who loves fish. I sure am glad I picked you for one of my chefs.
- 4 -5 medium trout fillets (Catfish works well with this recipe also)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, finely chopped (any kind will do, but I prefer either almonds or pecans)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- vegetable oil (about 1 inch in a frying pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg with water in a shallow bowl.
- Roll trout in the flour.
- In a small paper or large ziplock bag, combine cornmeal, chopped nuts, salt, pepper, paprika, and ground cumin.
- One piece at a time, dip fish in egg and then place in bag and toss to coat.
- Heat veggie oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry fish in oil, turning once, till both sides are brown (approx 10 minutes total).
- You can tell when the fish is done, because you can flake it with a fork.
- My hubby likes to sprinkle a little lemon or lime juice on his fish, but I like it just the way it is!