Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe comes from Weight Watchers. It sounded so good I had to post it.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup blue cornmeal
- 1 lb raw rainbow trout, skinless,cut into four pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil-flavored cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large shallow dish, combine egg whites, milk, Creole seasoning and pepper sauce.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Blend in cornmeal; add trout fillets turning to coat.
- Set skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, spray trout with cooking spray and cook sprayed-side down, 2 minutes.
- Spray side-facing up with cooking spray and turn fillets.
- Cook until fish pulls apart when tested with a fork, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and extra hot sauce on the side.
mmm We thought this fish coat was outstanding!! Delicious! I used a large steelhead trout filet, the coat stayed on perfectly. I used cajun seasoning because that's what I had, with that and the hot pepper sauce together was a wonderful flavourful coat with just the right amount of heat. Also had to use yellow cornmeal. We will definately make this again, we hadn't had trout for a long time and we would have been soo dissapointed had it not turned out right, this was perfect!
This was very tasty. It was a little difficult at first - getting the heat just right so it didnt stick but didnt burn- I wound up using medium then went to med low- slower cook time but better browning. Thanks for a great new way for us to do fish!