1/1 Photo of Corniottes--Savory Cheese Pastries (Burgundy, France)
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe was featured on week 40 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Bulgaria is my 40th stop. Unless otherwise noted, my Travel by Stove recipes are taken from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. These pastries are very rich, so if serving them as an appetizer don't plan on eating too many of them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using fromage blanc, pour it into a cheesecloth-lined stainer, set over a bowl and chill for at least 8 hours.
- 2Mix the prepared fromage blanc (or ricotta) with the crème fraiche (or sour cream), 3/4 cup of the Gruyere and one of the eggs. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface. Cut into rounds about 5 inches in diameter.
- 4Transfer to a baking sheet lined with wax paper and prick them all over with a fork. Chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
- 5Beat the other egg in a small bowl and brush around the edges of each round. Drop some filling into the center of each round and pull up the edges to make a triangular shape. Take care not to let any of the filling get on the part of the pastry with the egg wash, or it won't stick well.
- 6Put back in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes (this prevents them from opening during baking).
- 7Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake until lightly browned (15 minutes or so). Now sprinkle with the remaining Gruyerele. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes or until the Gruyere melts and starts to brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corniottes--Savory Cheese Pastries (Burgundy, France)
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.6
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 276.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: