Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a budget family meal and is low in fat. Bake the tomotoes for 15 minutes and cook the spinach for a few minutes for a winter meal.
- 1⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 pieces firm white fish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- cooking spray
- 250 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- lemon juice
- Combine crumbs, cumin, paprika and turmeric.
- Coat fish in flour then into egg whites.
- Press crumbs firmly onto fish.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place fish on a (sprayed) foil lined baking tray.
- Bake in moderate oven (180c) for 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange vegetables on plate, top with fish.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
I have never before had success either with cooking fish, or with crumbing anything...... they looked great and tasted fantastic. I didn't have cornflake crumbs, so just used normal breadcrumbs, but the rest of the recipe I followed exactly. Thanks for sharing it.