Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is something that my Mom's family has taught us even though my Dad's side is the Irish side. This is so easy and tasty that it is hard to belive. Great for St. Patrick's Day or the 4th of July BBQ's. So Enjoy !!!
- Take a baking dish and line it with heavy foil. Place beef and juice (spices with beef), and 1/2 cup water into the foil. Seal this shut with about 1 inch of room for steam.
- Bake at 250 degrees at 1 hour per pound.
- When meat is done take it out of the foil. Go out and start your BBQ to heat it up to sear the meat. While this is going on start the next step.
- Place the liquid from the meat into a Dutch oven pan. Add enough water so that it will cover the cabbage. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat to med and add cabbage. Let cook for about 8 to 10 minutes depending on how done you want it.
- Place the meat on a hot grill and sear it until it is lightly crisp on both sides.
- Take off grill and cross grain cut it.