Recipe by JAHollowell
I am not sure where this recipe came from, but it is a good alternative to plain cornbread to serve with Chili, Stews, or similar recipes.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1 (8 -8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until golden brown, about 10 minute.
- Mix egg, water, and creamed corn in a bowl. In second bowl combine corn muffin mix and dry milk powder. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix in onions, being careful not to over mix.
- Spread into a greased 8-by-8 in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25-30 min or until puffed and golden. Let cool on wire rake 10 min prior to serving.