Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
(from Mountain and Plantation Cookbook)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup corn, drained, crushed
- Mix the dry ingredients, gradually adding the milk and well beaten egg.
- Beat thoroughly and then add the melted butter and corn.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot deep fat and fry until well browned.
- Drain on brown paper.
DELICOUS! We drop them into sugar & shake! Then Serve! YUM!!
I added about 1/3 cup sugar, my kids like them a little sweet. Served with honey butter and everyone was thrilled!! Even out foriegn exchange students loved them!! definately a winner in our family. Thanks for posting.
I made mine with egg replacer and unsweetened soy milk, but still turned out amazing. These are as good as a local restaurant's corn fritters!