Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tibetan food is usually very mildly seasoned. According to the chef at my favorite Tibetan restaurant, it is the least spicy of the Himilayan cuisines. However, various hot sauces are served on the side. This chili sauce is one of the popular ones. It has two versions, one featuring yogurt, the other with tomato. This sauce does not keep for longer than a few days because the fresh cilentro loses flavor quickly.
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 green chilies, small size or 2 jalapeno chiles
- 1⁄2 cup red chile, dried and crushed
- 1 cup yogurt or 1 large tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Cut the cilantro into short lengths; if you are making the tomato version, cut it into quarters.
- Place all ingredients into a blender until just uniform but still chunky.