Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like the Burbon Chicken at the mall. Core +1 Found this recipe on the BCB WW Support Board
Make and share this Core Bourbon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over hot brown rice and ENJOY.
My family loves this recipe!!!!!!! They are always asking me to fix this. What I like is that it is a healthy version of the mall dish. The only thing I do different is not add the ketchup. I accidently didn't add it and couldn''t taste any differences.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe... it's fan-frickin-tastic and a great way into foolin the family that they're eating junk food... nothing about this dish says "i'm watching my weight" i serve it with steamed broccoli and brown rice. did i mention i love this recipe? ;-) you really need to try it!
Yummm I doubled everything but the chicken cause I knew my guys would want plenty of sauce over rice. It made enough for the left over lunchbox today and a teenagers breakfast! Thanks! Will make again!