I got this out of the Cooks Country Feb/March 2009 Magazine. Hubby and I loved it, both of us prefer the boneless style "wings". For the hot sauce, Cooks Country recommends Franks (which we used) over Tabasco. We served it with the standard Blue Cheese dressing (I made the Cooks Country version) and celery. Prep time is a total guess since I have not made this since last year. I can update it when I make it again (this weekend!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate: Cut chicken into about 1 1/2 inch chunks. Combine chicken, buttermilk, and salt in large zipper lock bag and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 2Combine hot sauce, water, sugar, butter and 2 tsp cornstarch in saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Coat: Whisk egg whites in shallow dish until foamy. Stir flour, baking soda, remaining cornstarch, and 6 tbsp hot sauce mixture in second shallow dish until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Toss half of chicken with egg whites until well coated, then dredge chicken in cornstarch mixture, pressing to adhere. Transfer coated chicken to plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
- 5Fry: Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat until oil registers 350 degrees and repeat with remaining chicken.
- 6Toss: Warm remaining hot sauce mixture over medium low heat until simmering. Combine chicken and hot sauce mixture in large bowl and toss to coat.
- 7Serve :).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooks Country Boneless Buffalo Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2361.9
- Calories from Fat 2021
- Total Fat 224.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 2085.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g