Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I posted in the forums (CC) that I had just eaten quite possibly the best sandwich I had ever put together, and was convinced by Cookgirl and GoKittenGo to post it, so here it is....
- 1 whole-wheat ciabatta roll
- 1 veggie burger (mine was honey mustard flavored)
- 2 tablespoons eggplant spread (mine was really spicy)
- 4 basil leaves
- Cook the soy burger as you like it. I just did mine in the microwave.
- Slice the roll in two, lengthwise.
- Spread the bottom half of the roll with eggplant spread.
- Place the soy burger on top.
- Reverently place the basil leaves on top of the soy burger.
- Cover with the top of the roll.
Very good, Mirj and quick to make. We used Gardenburger brand "Chik'n" Veggie patties! Irony of ironies, CG hates eggplant, but my niece gave me a jar of Trader Joe's red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic awhile back and it was surprisingly delicious and perfect for this sandwich. The only addition was a few slices of red onion on each sandwich. Served with local cottage cheese, slices of Tuscan melon, corn on the cob! Perfect lunch! Thanks for posting the recipe! cg ;)