Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The first time I had these I thought "These should be called I've-Died-And-Gone-To-Heaven Bars!" The recipe is from long time family friend and neighbor Matel Viall... and one of my very favorites!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) box light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- Melt butter or margarine in large saucepan.
- Stir in sugar; cool 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well (do not use a mixer).
- Stir in flour.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread in a 15 x 10" pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350°.
- Cool and cut into squares.
These were okay and make a decent snack cookie, but I'm not all that sure i liked the raisins in them. I expected the combination of ingredients to be much better than it was. I made them for my Christmas tray this year and my friend, who is my official cookie taster and who is always honest and who always tastes the cookies befoe I say anything, felt the same way I did and said that although they were good, they were her least favorite of all the cookies I had made. I might try then again one day without the raisins and maybe add extra coconut and/or chocolate, but i wouldn't make them again for something like a Christmas Cookie tray.
Very good bar!! I love all the flavors, not to sweet. I soaked the raisins for about 30 minutes, then drained them well. I used 2 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup chocolate chips. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe Impera.
I just made these a few minutes ago, and they are PERFECT! They're chewy, smell incredible, taste like heaven, and I'd be willing to say it's the best cookie I've ever made. Thanks!