1/1 Photo of Confetti Succotash
I recently took a cooking class, and this was one of the recipes we made. I've changed it up a bit to use ingredients I keep on hand most of the time. This is a quick and easy side dish, and goes well with chicken, pork or seafood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup lima beans, thawed if frozen, drained if canned
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped in small dice
- 3/4 cup corn kernel, thawed if frozen, drained if canned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (something good enough to drink, but not fancy)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the bacon in a cold skillet, and begin to cook over medium low heat to render the fat.
- 2Once the bacon is cooked through, but not crispy, add the shallot, Lima beans, bell pepper, and corn.
- 3Cook until the shallot begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the garlic, and continue cooking for a few more minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- 5Add the wine, and cook until it is nearly evaporated.
- 6Add the chicken stock, and cook until it's reduced by half.
- 7Add the cream, and cook for a few more minutes, until it starts to thicken slightly.
- 8Remove from the heat, add the cheese, and stir to combine.
- 9Taste the sauce, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Confetti Succotash
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 320.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g