Recipe by JackieOhNo!
In the hot, humid summer months, I prefer to have a cool, refreshing salad for dinner. This happens to be one of my favorites.
Top Review by loof
This salad is absolutely outstanding! Such wonderful flavor packed into a light and fresh salad. I don't care for raw onion so left it out, otherwise made as directed. Filling, healthy and flavorful - just loved this - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup oil-cured green olives, pitted
- 2 ounces asiago cheese, coarsely grated (or parmesan cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn tuna out onto saucer without flaking.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each oil and lemon juice and season lightly with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Let stand at room temperature to marinate.
- Just before serving, combine tomato, bell peppers, cucumber, onion, garlic, and herbs in mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tablespoon each oil and lemon juice and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Add tuna and toss once.
- Make a bed of romaine leaves on serving platter and spoon salad on center.
- Arrange eggs around edge and sprinkle with olives and cheese.