48 hrs 35 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Can be white or black sweet bread. From My Sweet Mexico Gerson. Good cookbook. This has to proof overnight. This is the Mexican sweet bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/4 cups milk, scalded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm milk with sugar.
- 2Mix in yeast mixture beat until combined.
- 3Add eggs one at a time.
- 4Add butter and salt little at a time.
- 5Knead until smooth and elastic; put in a greased bowl; let rise until doubled.
- 6Flip over, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Next day punch down; let rise until doubled.
- 8While dough is rising, prepare topping.
- 9If making chocolate, take out 3 tablespoons flour for cocoa.
- 10Combine wet to dry.
- 11Divide dough into 2 ounce pieces, the size of a tennis ball.
- 12If sticky add little flour.
- 13Place on parchment paper, flatten to form a dome shape, place 1 inch apart.
- 14Roll topping into gumball sized shape and put on dome; flatten out to cover the dome.
- 15Score topping 5 times diagonally so it looks like a sea shell.
- 16Let rise until dough spring backs.
- 17Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven 35 to 45 minutes until bottom and sides are golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Conchas Blancas Mexican Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g