Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rice flavored with garlic, ginger and Vietnamese Chicken Stock. Adapted from a recipe from chef Corinne Trang in an old issue of Cooking Light. Including the Vietnamese Chicken Stock rather than generic chicken stock, the recipe shows nutritional values as: 210 calories, 2.2 g fat, 4.5 g protein, 46.1 g carb, 1.5 g fiber, 6 mg chol, 1.6 mg iron, 143 mg sodium, 9 mg calcium per 3/4 cup serving.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups vietnamese chicken stock (Zaar recipe 184464)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place rice in a bowl, stir until water turns white and pour off water. Repeat twice, draining off all water.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir-fry ginger and garlic in hot oil 3 minutes. Add rice and stir-fry 1 more minute.
- Add Asian Chicken Stock, turn up heat, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
adored this! i didnt make the vietnamese chicken stock, just ran out of time so used low fat/sodium broth. This rice is fresh tasting, great flavors. It may not look like its special but it is!