Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A beautifully colorful salad, and a nice change from traditional coleslaw. I like to sprinkle on a little of Emeril's "Essence" too. Great as a side dish, and makes a wonderful tortilla wrap sandwich. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, slivered
- 1 green bell pepper, slivered
- 1 orange bell pepper, slivered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- Toss together cabbages, carrots, bell peppers,
- green onion and parsley.
- Mix together dressing ingredients, then toss with the salad.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
- Just before serving, stir in sunflower seeds.