1/1 Photo of Colonial Brown Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This is more of a 'dessert" bread. It's from the same little cookbook in which I found the Marshmallow Puffs (#79024) - Breads, Breads and more Breads, copyright 1983, by the Pillsbury Company. Lumps of brown sugar make dark spots in the bread. It's simple to make, and may be served warm or cold. Note - I did not have any buttermilk on hand, so I used the vinegar/milk substitution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- 3In large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- 4Mix well, until thoroughly combined.
- 5Slowly add buttermilk to bowl, stirring until well blended.
- 6Pour into loaf pans.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colonial Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2079 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2159.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 3032.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 477.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.9 g
- Sugars 236.2 g
- Protein 54.5 g