Recipe by lindseylcw
This looks so attractive when it is ready to serve that there's no need for any garnish. From simply seasonal by Claire Macdonald, don't be put off by long ingredient list it is really easy.
Top Review by susie cooks
I really enjoyed this recipe. You need to let it get cold for the flavors to meld. This has a little kick to it that we enjoyed. Followed your advice and served it with a salad and bread and rice. Made for ZWT5.
- 5 fluid ounces natural yoghurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, powdered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 7 ounces full fat creme fraiche or 7 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns, mixed colours crushed
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon coriander, leaf chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- in a mixing bowl stir together yoghurt, orange and lemon juice, ginger, chillies, coriander,turneric, salt and creme fraiche.
- in a saute pan heat the oil with the bay leaf, peppercorns and cardamon and cook for a couple of minutes.
- pour in the yoghurt and creme fraiche mix and cook for a further minute.
- Add cut up chicken and cook , stirring from time to time for 5 - 8 minutes until cooked.
- stir in coriander leaf and tomatoes and cook for further 3 minutes until tomatoes have heated thru.
- leave to cool.
- serve with rice or crusty bread.