We frequently boil this during the cold and flu season. We use it more as a prevention than a cure, but it can help to keep germs down and lessens the possibility of making other family members sick. It also smells great so it isn't a problem to keep it brewing. I put zero cook time because it isn't a set time and is up to the person how long they want it to brew.
- Put all ingredients to a large pot.
- Fill with water.
- Bring water to a boil and reduce to slow simmer.
- Refill pot as necessary with water and fresh ingredients.
- (I usually refill with water as needed and fresh ingredients once a day.) Notes: This can also be made and put into a tin can on heaters like your grandparents used to do or in a large tin can on a wood burning stove.
- All of these ingredients have healing properties that ("may"<—legal disclaimer) clean the air of viral and bacterial critters.
- It also"may" help to relieve some cough and sinus symptoms.
- Boiling plain water will help warm a room but adding the above ingredients can help clean the air.