Recipe by looneytunesfan
A can of cola gives the savory barbecue sauce a flavor boost.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I used b/s chicken thighs but otherwise followed the recipe. These were so easy to make and the longer they simmered the more tender they got. Will make this dish again! Made for All You Can Cook Buffet.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; brown on all sides.
- Carefully add cola, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through.