Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These beans are so simple and so delicious. Hard to believe something so simple could be so good. It's a slowwwww cooker recipe so allow time. Use "Classic Coke" it's the best. I don't do the alternate thing because the bacon get mixed up stirring as they cook.
- 4 (28 ounce) cans baked beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke, cola-flavored carbonated beverages (use Coke, the real thing)
- In a slow cooker, alternately layer the baked beans, bacon, and brown sugar.
- Pour in some of the cola with each layer, until all has been used.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
Great the wife bake in the oven and added onions chop fine.It a 5 star for sure
Wow, wonderful! I made these in my warming oven --which is also a slow cooker. Put them on at 4:00 p.m. and planned to turn off at 10 but they didn't look as gooey as I wanted. I figured I'd turn them off and put them in the fridge if I got up in the middle of the night. Well, slept right through and woke to a wonderful smell of bacon and beans. Delicious carmelization of the beans, cola, sugar and bacon. Almost too good to eat. It worked out fine to cook for fourteen hours! Ha! But I wouldn't recommend for all slow cookers, some might burn if you cooked in them for this long. Anyway, wonderful recipe! Easy! Tasty! Great for cook-outs and BBQs! Just fantastic, thanks for posting this recipe!