48 hrs 5 mins
This recipe makes a delicious coffee concentrate to use as a base for Iced Coffee, Frappe, and Tiramisu because it is cold stewed. The absence of heat during the process keeps the excess coffee acids from releasing into the water and makes for a very sweet tasting, no bitter after taste beverage. It is very similar to the cold coffee concentrate at its-a-grind coffee house method. Even DECAF tastes great using this method. You don't need hoity-toity coffee fresh ground from the coffee house. But it should be a coffee you would drink if it was brewed from a coffee maker though. I hate Folgers - therefore I don't use Folgers. But, you do need very good filtered water. Grab one of those 6 dollar bags of ground coffee from Ross or TJ Maxx and you're fine. To make a nice ice coffee with this concentrate: Fill a glass with ice cubes, pour concentrate a little more than half way full, add a shot of flavored syrup, fill the rest with milk or water. Stir and enjoy. The three quarts of concentrate you have after filtering will yield five quarts of finished beverages if you are going to do a punch bowl type serving. So it is not quite a 50 - 50 ratio. If you want a 50 - 50 ratio concentrate use a full pound of coffee grounds instead of just 12 oz.
My Private Note
- 1dump a 12 oz bag of ground coffee into a one gallon pitcher.
- 2fill the pitcher with room temp filtered water.
- 3put lid on - shake it just a little bit.
- 4cold stew in the refrigerator for 36 - 48 hours.
- 5strain out the grounds - tricky I use a regular mesh strainer and another gallon pitcher.
- 6discard grounds (good for flower garden).
- 7pour the concentrate into a serviceable airtight pitcher and keep in the refrigerator for up to three months.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Concentrate 2
Serving Size: 1 (3792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: