Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty carrot recipe and healthy to boot. I believe this came from the Heart Assn. cookbook.
- Layer peeled carrots in a shallow baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together coffee liqueur, orange juice and brown sugar; pour over the carrots.
- Bake in 325° oven for 30 min.
- ,basting frequently.
- or until the carrots are tender.
- Makes 6 servings.
- NOTE: IF YOU DON'T WANT THE COFFEE LIQUEUR, add more sweetener, and about 1/2 tsp.
- instant coffee crystals.
- I usually just use about 1/2 c.
- VERY strong coffee.
Easy as pie and the taste was great, but the carrots took forever to cook . . . I finally ended up finishing them in the microwave. I used coffee, not the liqueur, so the sauce was sort of thin. A pat of butter and another sprinkle of brown sugar took care of that easily. Thanks for the great recipe.