Recipe by chia
try this for really moist chicken on the grill. prep time doesn't reflect brining time. this is from fine cooking.
Top Review by ellie_
Simply super chicken. We used chicken parts instead of skinless breasts and cooked them on the grill for about 45 minutes. First time I ever used a brine and will definitely use this method and this recipe again for chicken as well as other meats. Thanks Chia for posting this keeper recipe. We will be having this often.
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 4 slices lemons
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- combine the brine ingredients, except coffee in a saucepan, heat until sugar and salt dissolve pour into a large bowl, stir in coffee, refrigerate until cool.
- add chicken and use a small plate to keep it submerged 2-3 hours.
- heat grill to high.
- remove chicken from brine, blot with paper towels, and brush with oil or butter on both sides grill 4-8 minutes, moving halfway to create grill marks.
- turn over and grill 4-6 minutes more until done.