Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe from the 2006 quick cooking annual cookbook. This sounds delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pineapple, butter, orange juice, egg, salt, mace and ginger; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine the coconut, peanuts and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until topping is lightly browned.