Recipe by Lainey39
These cookies look so pretty and taste delicious. Recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Lainey - these are perfect little cookies. They come together so easily and you do get 24 little cookies. I made one batch with vanilla extract and one with almond extract - both are YUMMY! They look adorable too on a cookie tray! :) So glad I tagged you in 123 Hits. Thanks Lainey! (Updated to let you know that these have become a favorite of the family! I tried some with chopped almonds in the batter too and they were great! April 2009)
- 236.59 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml confectioners' sugar
- salt, pinch
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 19.71 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind 1/2 cup of the coconut in food processor.
- Chop remaining coconut and set aside.
- Add flour, 1/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar and the salt.
- Pulse to blend.
- Add butter and vanilla; pulse until dough comes together.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place dough balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies until firm but tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove to rack, let cool completely.
- In small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar and enough milk until smooth but still thick.
- Dip cookies in glaze (about 1/2 t for each), letting it drip down sides.
- Dip in chopped coconut and set aside for glaze to dry.