Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy coconut milk, ginger, garlic and basic make this dish quite unique.
Make and share this Coconut Red Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup red rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 large carrot
- 8 ounces green beans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook rice in water and salt according to directions on package.
- 2. Stir-fry scallions, garlic, chili, ginger, coriander and carrot in oil.
- 3. Add green beans.
- 4. Add cooked rice. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- 5. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and molasses. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 6. Add basil and then top with toasted nuts. Serve.