Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This pie recipe was given to me years ago from a good friend of mine. A very light but delicious dessert. The nuts, butter and sugar or delicious on the bottom of the crust. Enjoy!!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) envelopes Dream Whip topping mix
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 baked pie shell (I use a frozen pie crust)
- Thaw pie crust and bake according to directions on box; let cool.
- Heat nuts, butter and sugar until it comes to a boil. Boil exactly 30 seconds and spread on bottom of baked crust; cool.
- Beat whipped topping mix, 1 cup milk, and vanilla with electric mixer on high for 6 minutes or until it thickens and forms peaks.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup milk and instant pudding mix. Blend on low speed. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut. Spoon into shell.
- Cool at least 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
I've made this pie many times and it is incredible! Sometimes I will replace one box of vanilla pudding with coconut pudding. Easy and excellent, always a hit.