Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty whole grain granola! You'll never buy store bought granola again!
- 3 cups whole grain oatmeal
- 2 cups coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pecans and walnuts in a ziploc bag and crush with a mallet or rolling pin.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together oatmeal, coconut flakes, crushed pecans and walnuts, and raisins.
- In a smaller bowl stir together coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oatmeal mixture and stir until coated well.
- Spread granola onto a large sheet pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 mins stirring every 10 so the granola doesn't burn.
- Cool on sheet pan then store in an airtight contain for up to one month.
- Note: When you remove the granola from the oven it will be brown but not crisp. It will crisp up as it cools. I stir every 15 mins while cooling because it starts sticking together.
I made this with a few modifications but it was very good. I didn't add the raisins and used all pecans and no walnuts simply because I used what I had on hand. I would suggest making sure you divide it into two batches when you bake it. Initially I put it all on one pan and couldn't get it to brown. I ended up baking it twice. Once I made a thinner layer it browned up quickly. I baked it spread on parchment paper. I will definitely make it again.