Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are crunchy cookies that I think are very good dipped into your cup of tea or a glass of milk.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, then pour in the melted butter, vanilla and the egg.
- Using a large spoon, mix until you have a sticky mass of cookie dough.
- Roll into balls between one and one and a half inches around.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 10 minutes on a greased baking sheet.
- The cookies should be a bit soft when you take them out of the oven but they will harden if you let them cool on the sheet for about five minutes before removing them to a wire tray.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze.
Fabulous! I used crystallized ginger. These are so yummy!
I had to come back and change my review. I had originally given them 4 stars. However they tasted even better the next day and I think they deserve 5 stars! The coconut flavor really comes through. Definetely a sweet cookie but oh so delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe Sackville.
These are really good cookies. The aroma while they were baking was heavenly. I made these with Nutmeg instead of Allspice (I was out) and Splenda to try and cut the calories a bit and they're great. I was surprised because I thought they might be too sweet with all the sugar and coconut but they are "just right". DH had already gotten ready for bed and he had to get back up to try one!! Thanks for posting SG, I'm taking some to work in the morning to share, I'm sure they'll be a hit!