Recipe by Dancer^
These came out very light and crispy, but not the same texture as regular sugar meringues. As you can see in the photo, they also come out very yellow instead of the usual white color. I can only guess that it's the Splenda that causes it. You can have 5 of these and only get 1 carb and 1 gram fat. Points 0.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 8 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add Splenda and beat until glossy and stiff, but not dry.
- Add extract and beat briefly.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop by 25 spoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and leave cookies in oven until completely cooled.
- Store in airtight container and they should stay crisp up to 1 week.