Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coconut Fried Shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb medium raw shrimp, unpeeled
- 3⁄4 cup pancake mix
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired.
- Combine pancake mix and beer in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dredge shrimp in flour; shake off excess.
- Dip shrimp into batter; dredge in coconut.
- Fry, a few at a time, 45 seconds on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.