Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was came from a Food and Wine magazine. Titled "impossible" pie and was Jennifer Nettles' great-grandmother, Mildred's recipe. It is called impossible because it makes it's own crust. It's too sweet for me so I cut down on the sugar. The recipe has not been altered from the original. It's really yummy if you like coconut and egg custard. Enjoy! :)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and butter two 9 inch glass pie plates.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, coconut and milk.
- Divide the mixture between the two and bake in the lower third of the oven for about an hour, until the pies are firm and golden ( 40 minute for my oven ). Set out to cool before serving.
- These are great to make ahead of time. Refrigerate overnight and set out to room temperature before serving.