Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
By Linda Schwartz of Bertrand, Nebraska. So amazingly delicious.
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a blender or food processor, process coconut until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Toss chicken with flour; dip in egg mixture, then in coconut. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at time, for 1-1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with celery salt, garlic powder and cumin; toss to coat. Serve warm.
Delicious and very easy to make-i made these as directed! Thanks crazycookinmama for the winner!.