Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy vegan toast topping! This also tastes great if you use half the amount of cashew nuts and use pecans (or your favorite nut) for the other half. My family eats this on toast with a smoothie and granola almost every morning. Can prepare ahead of time.
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk (or add more for desired thickness)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (optional)
- nutmeg, sprinkle
- cinnamon, sprinkle to taste
- Blend all ingredients together in the blender. Start with 1/4 cup soymilk and when blending add soymilk as needed for desired thickness.
- Spread on top of cooked toast or it tastes nice if you spread it on bread before putting it in the toaster oven.
- Refrigerate the leftovers for the next day. :) It will thicken after it has been in the refrigerator.
Mmmmm! This is really tasty stuff! I used the nutmeg, left out the cocoa. It was so good on some cranberry biscuits I made this morning! Thanks for posting!
This was so delicious. Followed the recipe using Splenda in place of sugar. I used the cocoa but no nutmeg. We could not stop ourselves eating it. Highly recommended and very nutritious especially for Vegans. Thanks for a great recipe!