Recipe by Enjolinfam
Yummy vegan toast topping! This also tastes great if you use half the amount of cashew nuts and use pecans (or your favorite nut) for the other half. My family eats this on toast with a smoothie and granola almost every morning. Can prepare ahead of time.
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk (or add more for desired thickness)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (optional)
- nutmeg, sprinkle
- cinnamon, sprinkle to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients together in the blender. Start with 1/4 cup soymilk and when blending add soymilk as needed for desired thickness.
- Spread on top of cooked toast or it tastes nice if you spread it on bread before putting it in the toaster oven.
- Refrigerate the leftovers for the next day. :) It will thicken after it has been in the refrigerator.