Recipe by Vino Girl
I found this recipe on a can of a storebrand sweetened condensed milk.
Top Review by Food Snob ;)
This tasted pretty good, a nice cake to serve with coffee. For reference, I used a Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake mix. One thing I found is that while trying to put the base in the pan, it kept sticking to the spoon and lifting. To eliminate that problem I kept dipping a spatula in hot water to smooth it out. I baked it for 28-29 minutes at 340 convect in a pampered chef rectangular baker.
- cooking spray
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13" cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all crust ingredients.
- Spread in the cake pan.
- In a small bowl, beat together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in 1 cup of coconut and the pecans.
- Spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the coconut over the filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.