Recipe by Adria82
I've been looking everywhere for a chewy, chocolaty, high-fiber granola bar, WITHOUT high fructose corn syrup, but to no avail. So I decided to make my own! This EASY 5 minute recipe uses Kashi Cocoa Beach granola cereal that contains coconut and almonds. Enjoy!
Top Review by SrtaMaestra
These were good, and we enjoy the flavor, however, if using the cocoa beach granola cereal, I think the chocolate would be a little too intense. I coulcn't find that type of cereal, so I used a different type of granola cereal with more of a cinnmon flavor. This needed either less cereal or more of everything else in order to hold it together better. Ours crumbled a bit too much when trying to cut into bars. Made for PAC FALL 08. Thanks for posting!
- 14 ounces granola cereal (I use a box of Kashi brand "Cocoa Beach")
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Do NOT use wax paper -- trust me. ;-).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt butter, honey, brown sugar, and cocoa powder together over medium heat, stirring gently.
- In large bowl, mix cereal and melted mixture together until everything is evenly coated.
- Press coated mixture int prepared 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and put baking dish in fridge to chill until firmer.