Prep 1 hr 4 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy--you don't even need a mixer. Prep time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Cocoa Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15-30 seconds, or until just melted.
- Stir in brown sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in cake flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Break off small pieces of dough and form into balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until firm but not browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
These cookies are amazing! Good old-fashioned cookie with lots of chocolate flavour. I did not have cake flour and just added 2 cups of all purpose without thinking. I should have reduced the flour by 1/4 cup for a proper substitution. I thought the dough seemed a bit dry (because of the extra flour) and added a bit of milk before I cooled it down. I only used 1 cup of chocolate chips because 2 cups seemed like a lot for the amount of dough. I got 45 cookies, had less yield due to less chocolate chips. The cookies did not fully flatten while cooking; they have a ballish shape. Just a delish bite sized cookie. Everybody in the household loves them and I am sure I will get a chance real soon to make them again and this time I will use the proper amount of flour. Perhaps I will also add the extra chocolate chips :)