Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Tastes for All Seasons by Crye-Leike.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Cream butter.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and poppy seed; add flour a little at a time.
- Roll in small balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten with fork.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350*F.
I cut the recipe by half and these were really quick and easy to make. For some reason, they came out a bit 'chalky'. Maybe I put too much flour in them. But they certainly are a quick and beautiful looking little biscuit. Thanks for posting!