Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another version of Coco Cola Chicken with a few pluses.
- 1 chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Put chicken in casserole dish.
- Put jam and ketchup in bowl.
- Mix well with spoon.
- Add coca cola,garlic powder,soy sauce, and onion soup mix.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cover and bake chicken uncovered for another 1/2 hour.
I loved the ease of preparation, but needed to add cayenne pepper to lift it above the ordinary. I used 1 pound of skinned chicken breasts cooked at 350 for 30 min covered and 30 min uncovered.
Very tasty! Made a double recipe while camping this weekend in a cast-iron dutch oven using charcoal as the heat source. Details: 12" dutch oven 24 briquettes (12 on top, 12 on bottom) 4 lbs chicken breasts 50 minutes cooking time then removed the briquettes until serving time. Stirred chicken half way through. Served with cous-cous, but rice would be great too.